Saturday, April 7, 2007

Funny Kid Stories

Sometimes, the best thing about my job is truly how 'kids say the darndest things.' Here are a couple of gems from this week:

At the end of the day, my student and I were putting away her materials and I noticed a couple of note cards on the floor with words on them that we had been practicing that day.

I said "Oh, some words fell on the floor."

My student got upset, asking me, "What words?"

I showed her the note cards and she looked relieved. She told me that she had pictured the words falling out of the book we had just been reading and didn't know how we were going to put them back in.

~~~~~

In a different session, my student was reading through a list of commonly used words so that we could find the tough ones that needed practice. We found as many as we needed that hour and I was about to put the list away when my student exclaimed, "I found God!"

God was listed two words down from where we stopped on the list.